Monday, December 23, 2013

Discarded to DELIGHTFUL: trash to treasure home decorating project ideas


It is pretty amazing what you can come up with when you think outside of the box, {or inside of the trash can}, ha. Take this dog fence pen door for instance. Who would have thought it would come in so handy. My hubby was about to toss it when he heard the familiar "Honey....wait!!! Let me see that for a minute - yep, let's keep it and paint it". It is hard to believe this little delight was saved from the scrap pile over five years ago ,  when we began this upcycling junk journey. Where does the time fly?



Have I ever mentioned how much I love the fact my hubby is so handy? He can weld, he can use pretty much any kind of power tool, he can fix cars ( he can race them too - but that is for another post). I pulled this old mattress frame out of a junk pile a few years ago and just knew he could help me make a stand for it, AND that is just what he did. It is free standing and oh.so.lovely. My girls are using it right now as an accessory stand in their bedroom.

Frequently I use it for shows to display randomness. In our early December show I used clothes pins and hung jewelry on it as well as some of my good friend Nicole's This in2 That's signs. I didn't get a great pic of it because we had a VERY busy booth behind us. This piece is so very versatile being it is free standing. I am just as much in love with it now as I was when we first made it.



Finally, we have our Discarded Fence Headboard. It was about to be tossed or burned when my dear daughter begged her Daddy to make her a headboard with it. Isn't it the sweetest? Not to mention the greenery from our tree trimmings she added for that special winter touch. I love seeing my girls tap into their creative genius and just move forward unhindered. It is a BEAUTIFUL THING!

1 Corinthians 13

The Message (MSG)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

-Simply Sublime




1 comment:

  1. Excellent site you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Best Wireless Fence for Large Dogs

    ReplyDelete