Marinated & Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers
- Wooden bamboo skewers - or metal
- 12-16 chicken tenders or 4 breasts cut into strips
- 1 Cup plain greek yogurt - or plain yogurt
- 1/2 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- thyme sprigs
- pinch of salt
- Mix up all of the ingredients from the yogurt through the salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Place chicken strips in a ziploc bag or a shallow dish and cover with the marinade mixture. Then seal bag or cover dish with clear saran wrap to remove all air, keeping chicken covered in marinade. Place in fridge to marinate for 3 hours.
- This is a good time to start soaking your wooden skewers in water to avoid them catching on fire when it is time to grill. (If making the Grilled Eggplant & Quinoa Roll-ups - now would be a great time to get started on them)
- Once the marination period is completed it is time to skewer the chicken and fire up the grill. Weave the chicken lengthwise on the skewer like a ribbon. Make sure to oil the grill as the chicken will stick if the grates aren't seasoned. The chicken only takes about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on how hot your grill is. I would suggest trying to cook these at a very low temperature to avoid them drying out.
- Once they are all cooked up they need to be served immediately as they will cool rather quickly. These don't need any added sauces as they are full to the brim with flavor.
These are also great left over to go with a nice salad for lunch the next day! DELISH!!!