Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pantone's COLOR of the YEAR: Radiant Orchid #18-3224 Home Decorating Ideas

"Radiant Orchid", Pantone's Color of 2014 via cozystylishchic.com
{source: cozystylechic.com}

Oh my goodness - I cannot tell you how much I love color. It probably stems from growing up in a family business that's primary job was to attach color & style to the identity of a business. We had a sign business that designed and produced electric and architectural signs and awnings.

One of my VERY favorite items in our entire building was the Pantone Booklet. Ahhhh - SO.MANY.COLORS! The next best thing were the  felt pens by Letraset in Pantone Colors. That is where you could begin applying your color in swirly doodling designs.


For 2014 Pantone has decided upon RADIANT ORCHID for their color of the year. I am delighted with their choice. If you would like to learn more about how they decide hop on over and check it out: http://www.pantoneview.com/pantone-color-of-the-year-2014

PANTONE Chip Drive in Radiant Orchid

Purple has always been one of my very favorite colors, especially on the gray end of the spectrum. In high school we had remodeled our home and I was able to design it myself. It had a loft with a waterbed {oh, yeah!} AND the color scheme was mauve, 2 shades of gray and white. It really was spectacular. Looking back I would still love to have this room - it had white walls with graphic stripes of charcoal gray, light gray and mauve with a fantabulous mauve carpet in the perfect pile. Pantone would have been proud! 



The chosen color for this year is taking me back in time to a place where I was just beginning to understand how color brings different moods and physical reactions. Colors can contribute to making you feel cold, warm, cozy or active. Color has a lot to do with how you feel in a room.


 

The fun things about purple is it can be warm or cool depending on which way it tilts. If it is on the red side it is warm, if it is on the blue side it is cool. 


I love the way bringing in different textures can totally shift the feel of a room too. This room has the potential to be pretty cold, but the white fur bench makes you want to snuggle in and read a good book.

Colour at home - SL0022 (by GIGI Interior Design 集集設計)
{source: dyedreams}

I probably wouldn't choose this bathroom color for myself but that being said I still adore it. It is a bold choice indeed. I really like the chandelier over the footed tub.

I am excited to plunge into the other areas where we can discover #18-3224 - like food, fashion, creation and just plain fun! 

-Simply Sublime

2 comments: