Friday, December 28, 2012

DIY Projects: Salvaged Table Legs




I have quite a few projects rumbling around in my brain. I am in the pack up the junk and prettify mode. My particular style is no doubt eclectic. (This would explain the "pack up the junk" comment.) Eclectic quickly turns to chaos if not kept under control. I think I just came up with a new name for my style... 

Eclechaotic

Now that is a word everyone would be eager to come home to right? Yes, it is definitely time for me to whisk away some clutter. 

Well, in the cleaning process I always uncover some of my trash tipping stash I have collected on my journeys. I have SEVERAL salvaged table legs and spindles from treasure hunt travels. Oh, the goodies I can't seem to pass up when focusing on the word: REDEEMED. The potential & possibilities are endless. 

My family will quickly agree it is time to de-clutter and find purpose for those items of little value waiting to be redeemed into something of greater worth. They may even question the labor of attempting to re-purpose honestly. Usually, by the end of the process the doubters have converted.

So far I have, along with my dear hubs help, completed one DIY project. A Spindle Jewelry Holder. It was one of my first posts, so bare with me on it. I need to recapture better images of the little lovelies to post, but for now you will get the basic idea if you click on the link above.

For some fresh inspiration I have been searching a few of my favorite blogs. I'll show you a bit of what I have uncovered so far. Gotta share the love ya' know!

This Table would be PERFECT in my living room or bedroom. Isn't it charming? I love the soft colors with the vintage appeal, a perfect pairing. 



Vintage suitcases are another treasure piece worth salvaging. If you find one you think is beautiful snatch it up while you can. There are so many creative ideas for using them nowadays. My Daughter has made some incredible projects out of them. That will have to wait for another day though. For now I will try to stay focused.


I think these are the CUTEST Table Leg Cake Stands EVER!!! 
Imagine the possibilities.


...and Tiered Trays made with plates.
{Source: wattlebird}


Old Coffee Table + FabricOttoman
for this one you can save yourself from removing the legs,
 if you happen to score a table waiting to be salvaged. 

{Source: Tulip & Turnip}

Now aren't you ready to slip on your gloves & galoshes for dumpster diving? I know I am. If it wasn't so late I would hop in my car and go right now. After all there are priceless treasures just waiting to be redeemed.


“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field- Matthew 13:34

-Simply Sublime

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting post. I was just doing a Google search on what to do with iron table legs when I came across your blog. I really enjoyed reading and will be looking through some more of your posts. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marietta, thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any table may it be made of wood or metal always help a lot in keeping the things in systematic form as well as also save extra space in the office or home.
    Metal Table Legs UK

    ReplyDelete