Sunday, October 5, 2014

Arise & Shine Freezer Meal: Paleo - Gluten Free Bacon Egg Cups



If you are one to browse through pinterest, you may have seen some of these egg cup recipes already. Since our family has been whipping up quite a few quick grabbing, easy gobbling on the run, recipes I thought I would try coming up with my own version.

I sprayed my muffin trays with olive oil, wrapped the perimeter of each cup with bacon strips, trimmed to fit around without overlapping. Then in a large mixing bowl I added the eggs {about one per egg cup}, green onion, spinach, browned ground sausage {yes, more meat because my Man is a MEAT-EATER} chopped red bell pepper, and I tossed in some grated parmesan (for paleo omit the cheese). Seasoned with Himalayan Pink Salt, because I love the color and pepper. 



This was so simple - I filled the cups 2/3 of the way. Baked at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes I think. Just enough for them to not jiggle. Then I simply bagged them up into freezer bags. My hubby and kiddos grab them and toss them in the micro (yeah, we still use it sparingly) for a little over a minute and voila.... breakfast is served. 


These are SO YUMMY!

-Simply Sublime

No comments:

Post a Comment