Tuesday, June 24, 2014

We interrupt your life with life: Weddings & Funerals

It has been quite awhile since I have posted. Somehow the month of June has whipped by and has left me spinning. I feel like a top just going, and going without making much progress. I simply cannot believe this month is almost over. I have SO MUCH TO DO!

Dave and his Dad 

In May my Husband's Father passed away. This has led our family into a mix of emotions. It is funny how death stirs up a thousand thoughts and feelings. Memories are flooding my brain and my tears ducts. There is a post in the making here - but I need a little more time to process and heal first. I am in the process of making a video for the Memorial and helping to organize the Memorial Service which is off-site of our church. Hence, why I am coordinating.


This is a picture of our Wedding Reception where Dave's Dad asked to dance with me. I remember during this dance he spoke some very simple but meaningful words to me about our marriage. Prior to this I wasn't sure the guy liked me. After all, I was taking his Son away from the race car prep, the after work men's gathering every night and weekend projects of restoring cars, in their spare time. It was a transition for his Dad for sure but it was during this dance I knew we were going to be okay.

So in the mix of trying to do ebay, etsy,  finish up our homeschool year, fan out flames while attempting to raise my kiddos to have good character and create some summer fun - I find myself spending a couple of hours a day, minimum, organizing the details of the memorial.

And have I told you our middle girl is....wait for it..... GETTING MARRIED!!! Yes, September 1st.

\
This is another 10,000 blog posts in the making. We are doing it on a dime - okay more than a dime but quite inexpensive compared to most these days. AND, how are we doing this? Well, by doing most of it ourselves of course! So add a little more on my to-do list. 

Needless to say, life is interrupting life. For some it might tend to knock them out of commission. However, God has so been so great at walking me through this. He is gently and lovingly reminding me of ways to be present in the moment and to walk through this well. Oh, I am stumbling at times but he is always there with a hand to help pick me right back up.  He has been wrapping his arms around me to calm me in the moments where I feel my heart is in a squalling storm. He has helped me to remember to just breathe. 

BREATHE & PRAY! 









No comments:

Post a Comment