Monday, October 28, 2013

God of the Angel Armies: He is with you in the STORM

The wind whispered sweet words of inspiration to me today. As I was sitting at my computer researching for our upcoming homeschool unit study it began by gently calling to me. With each whisper I would glance outside, quickly reminded of God's great and mighty power. BUT... I must stay focused on the task at hand. I redirected back to my computer, pressing on and continuing my hunt. 

Ah, but the wind would not have it... gradually it would win the battle for my complete attention as it reached the brink of anger. 

I grabbed my camera and headed outside. 

It was B E A U T I F U L, cool, refreshing, life giving fresh air flowing freely. Leaves were scattered loosely in  midair passing by on a journey to an unknown destination. 


The wind was whipping the water around until it was splashing and dancing. And what was that??? A bird was withstanding the aggressive air movement along with the refreshing shower of fresh lake water that was exploding as it crashed into the giant rock the bird was perched on. 



There were so many God lessons speaking to me at once: Building your house on a strong foundation, When life storms come, Peace in the middle of a storm...

Ultimately one message was ringing the loudest... God of Angel Armies. 

It was as if this sweet, vulnerable little bird had nothing to be afraid of. He was physically being touched by the storm and yet remained steadfast, assured and peaceful. He wasn't threatened by the harsh reality surrounding him. It was as if he knew something bigger. It was as if he was singing this song...

"My strength is in your name, for you alone can save, you will deliver me, yours is the victory, WHOM SHALL I FEAR?" 

 "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind, the God of Angel Armies is always by my side. The one who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine. The God of Angel Armies is always by my side." 

"NOTHING formed against me shall stand... YOU hold the WHOLE WORLD in your hand! I'm holding on to your promises. You are FAITHFUL!!!"



Chris Tomlin wrote an incredible song with an even more amazing back-story titled "Whom shall I fear? (God of Angel Armies)" It is a wonderful reminder that we are not alone. Sometimes life can seem scary &  overwhelming. We are often forced to face our biggest fears - but we MUST NOT forget we are never alone. He is in this story with us. 

I challenge you to watch both videos. Start with the back story and then watch the music video. As the music video is playing let your mind recall different images of your life story. Picture some of the hard things you have faced with God's love carrying you through. Picture God right with you and imagine the invisible army that has surrounded you along the way. You are not alone! 


-Simply Sublime



No comments:

Post a Comment