Saturday, August 24, 2013

Animals of Africa: Photos of Safari in Maasai Mara

Jambo! We are BACK!!! 

The last two days I have been spending time trying to sleep and re-adjust back into my everyday life. We call it re-entry. It is part of the process where you return back home after a mission trip and try to fit back in on some levels while remaining forever changed in others. Not always the easiest of parts because two completely different worlds have collided into one persons life. Stepping back into our culture of excess makes me almost ill and yet brings comfort in ways as well. \


Looking at photos really helps me to organize my thoughts, continue my prayers and direct the next steps of my life towards being forever changed. So I have spent hours just looking at photos...remembering. 

I decided to add some pictures from the Safari we went on -  ( this was a budget safari as far as price goes but oh so rich in the abundance of animals that showed up for us) God's creation continues to absolutely amaze me. He is so thorough and thoughtful, down to the smallest of details. Little colorful birds to ginormous grey hippos, boldly patterned zebras to the beige camouflaged coat of Lions...amazing.


So while these animals didn't really lend an opportunity for mission work - they really allowed us to be awed by God's creation and have our souls refreshed. 



Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.  Revelation 4:11

-Simply Sublime


No comments:

Post a Comment