Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving Feast...Paleo-tastic!

So excited for our pre-thanksgiving dinner celebration tonight. My dear Hubby has had the turkey brining overnight and has the perfect aromatic fruit smolder surrounding it in our smoker right now. Every so often I get a whiff of the scrumptious bird as it is cooking to perfection out on our deck. It is only for fear the neighbors will see me that I haven't stuffed my head into the smoker to breathe it in. Mmmmm. Is it blatantly obvious I have a LOVE relationship with food?

In my quest to have a SIMPLY SUBLIME life I have realized I need to bring my love for food into a balance that will also let me have respect for my body. It is getting harder for me to look into the mirror without seeing myself. (Some of you out there who struggle with your weight will totally get what I am saying.)  So PALEO it is. 

Below I have listed some of the yummy recipes we are going to try out for our pre-Thanksgiving Grub. 






Isn't she a BEAUTY??? YUMM-O!
Smoked to perfection.


Now for the extra fixin's:

Whole 9 Cranberry Sauce

Our family has tried Paleo on and off for a couple years but the family food traditions of the holidays always end up derailing us on our journey to health. I decided this year we could try a different route all together... we could take the right turn down PALEO Parkway. I think having an early turkey dinner this Sunday will also help us from over-stuffing ourselves on Thanksgiving. We won't be CRAVING the yummy goodness for days ahead... we will be nibbling on healthy paleo comfort foods into and through the season. 



Smashed Cauliflower
by Undressed Skeleton


The most important thing for me to remember is the self control of the short term leads to the LONG TERM GOAL:
Optimum HEALTH & ENERGY



Paleo Gravy..NOM NOM
by NOM NOM Paleo.com




 from Mom Advice.com














































stuffing1




Baked Pear w/ Lavender from All Recipes


Picture of Bacon Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Food Network




the Paleo Mom .com


The turkey finished earlier then expected on the smoker - so I didn't have time to whip up the Pumpkin Pie or the Pears. Although - all of the rest was DELISIO!!! There was not a single minute I missed having our traditional sides with a TURKEY on our table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment